Thursday, December 4, 2008

chapter 12 :'[

"'The marrow of his bone.....' I reapeated aimlessly. This at last penetrated my mind. Phineas had died from the marrow of his bone flowing down the blood stream to his heart." Gene (194)

I absolutely sobbed when I read this. Finny the lovable character had just died right before my eyes. If I was Gene I would be extremely lost and confused about the whole thing, that just happened. Gene did not realize it but I do think he was upset and just in shock. Like Gene said numerous times he was apart of Finny. Now that Finny is gone he just wasn't able to cry. I knew for a fact that death was going to come about because of Leper speaking about how the looked as black as death. It is interesting how the author used that and showed a foreshadowing Finny's death. I'm so sad that Finny died. :[

Since Finny's gone :[ How does Gene cope with it and what is Gene's life going to turn out like?

No comments: